PDF File Security Encryption Software
Our PDF Security and Encryption software is for publishers of
high value or confidential information published in PDF format,
whether for sale to the public or internal control and
protection, where a higher degree of security and control is
required - beyond simple pdf password protection. There
are no passwords for you to send, or for users to enter, manage,
forget, or pass onto others.
Control who views and prints your secure PDF documents - where, when, how many times, and for how long (days, months, years or forever).
Our PDF Security software solution protects your PDF documents from unauthorized:
- viewing (including how many times)
- printing (including how many times)
- printing to file, PDF, or image printers
- screen grabbing (print screen and third party screen grabbers)
- when documents expire (if at all)
- if documents should be revoked
- if user accounts expire
- whether watermarks should be applied to viewed and/or printed documents
Instantly revoke documents if you no longer want users
to have access to them, and prevent your protected PDF content
from being readily pirated by stopping screen shots from
being taken. Enforce document retention periods and policies,
ensuring that documents are inaccessible when their valid life
Use watermarking as a copying deterrent. Our PDF Security software supports a wide variety of watermark techniques to help deter piracy particularly where printed copies must be made available. System and user information can be dynamically displayed on any protected document without you having to protect the document on a per user basis.
Enforce your corporate branding. You can require PDFs to open in particular formats, and can prevent users from being able to change to another style of presentation. This allows you to enforce your own house style and appearance.
Key Benefits for your Organizations include:
- Protecting your trade secrets
- Controlling departmental use of information
- Controlled information use outside of your organization (i.e. with business partners)
- Ensuring compliance
Key Benefits for Large Publishers include:
- Protecting your e-books, reports, magazines, etc.
- Subscription based services
- Highly configurable protection system
- Choice of server hosting arrangements
Key Benefits for Small Publishers include:
- Protecting your e-books and articles
- Complying with copyright law
- Simple to use protection system
- Up and running straight away
PDF PROTECTION FEATURES
- Complete and secure control over PDF document usage - viewing, printing (+ number of times), copying, modifying, saving, screen grabbing, etc.
- Automatically prevents document copying, modifying and saving
- Automatically prevents use of Windows print screen and screen grabber applications
- Automatically prevents printing to file, PDF format (Acrobat distiller and other PDF print drivers), common image printers, etc.
- User and Document expiry - you decide how long users can view your secure PDF documents.
- Great for subscription services, and time limited trials/documents.
- Expire documents on a certain date, after a number of days, after a number of views, or after a number of prints
- Instant user and document revocation - terminate access to a protected PDF document instantly
- Limit the number of document views and/or prints, and instantly terminate access once this number is reached
- Enforces document retention periods and policies
- Ability to change print and view controls even after publication
- Enforce your own house style and appearance by ensuring that documents may only be seen in the format you have decided
- Customizable message text and document splash screen
- Watermarks - display custom text and images on screen and printouts
Ease of Use
- Unique concept of publications for simpler PDF document management
- Offline / online access management - control how long a user can access your secure PDF documents offline
- Complete off-line protection - no need for users to connect to the Internet to view existing protected PDF documents
- Real-time web based licensing control and transparent customer authorization
- 5 minute set up - existing user information can be imported and no configuring of servers is required
- Simple to protect PDF documents (just right-click in Windows Explorer), simple to use, simple to administer Multiple processing of PDF files, plus batch automation (no manual input required) with command line utility*
- Complete integration with your existing e-commerce system to help provide 24x7 delivery of your protected PDF documents*
- Completely managed system (fully hosted by us) or hosted on your own server*
- Data import and export for simple customer and document management
- Bullet proof protection - public key technology and US Government strength encryption (AES 256 bit), strong PDF DRM controls
- No passwords for you to send, or for users to enter, manage, forget, or pass onto others
- No insecure plug-ins or weak implementations
- Persistent end-to-end protection throughout your documents life-cycle
- Complete control over PDF document security inside or outside the firewall, online and offline
- Only you host and distribute your PDF documents - we never have access to them
- PDF Watermarks - display dynamic system variables and user information on your viewed and/or printed documents to reduce piracy and enforce accountability
PDF SECURITY FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
Our PDF Security software protects your PDF documents and
safeguards your company's intellectual property (trade secrets,
research papers and reports, etc.) and revenue streams. It
enables you to control distribution, reach new markets, and
effortlessly gain additional revenues. Strong PDF encryption (US
Government strength) and PDF DRM (Digital Rights Management)
controls ensure complete PDF document security.
Our PDF Security software protects your PDF documents no matter where they reside, enforces the security policy governing their use, and allows you to dynamically change how that information is accessed at any time even after distribution.
PDF Security can help protect your business with matching functionality for your requirements:
- Internal Company use - protecting sensitive corporate documents
- Small Publisher use - protecting e-books, reports and articles
- Large Publisher use - providing subscription based services
If you sell subscription services, our unique concept of publications ensures minimum administration overheads and enables you to effortlessly manage your customer base. Time limited document expiry means your customers continue to pay license fees when they are due.
TOTAL PDF DOCUMENT SECURITY
Our PDF Security software solution ensures the best security
for your PDF files with strong PDF copy protection.
Your secure PDF documents are locked to individual computers and cannot be shared. Unlike weak and unmanageable password mechanisms our PDF Security uses public key technology with strong AES 256 bit encryption, DRM (digital rights management) controls, and a real-time web based licensing system. There are no passwords to send, enter, manage, forget, or pass onto others.
You create secure PDF documents on your own computer. The source (unprotected) PDF files are never exposed to a web server where they could be easily compromised.
PDF Watermarks, including dynamic system variables (user name, company name, date/time, etc.), and custom text and images, can be displayed on printed and or viewed documents to reduce piracy and enforce accountability.
To stop your PDF content being readily stolen whilst displayed on screen, the use of Windows print screen and screen grabber applications are prevented whilst the secure PDF viewer is running.
SECURE PDF VIEWER FOR COMPLETE PDF CONTROL
Our PDF Security software solution uses its own decryption
application, a secure PDF viewer, rather than relying on a
plug-in to present your secure PDF documents. Protected PDF
documents are decrypted in the secure viewer software which
applies the necessary DRM controls and ensures your PDF content
cannot be compromised by other applications or the common Adobe
PDF security flaws and cracks.
Your security is not compromised by plug-in failures or conflicts. In fact, we think that plug-ins are potentially so insecure that we prevent them from loading so they can't compromise security. See Adobe PDF plug-in vulnerabilities
Read this pdf security article published by Bryan Guignard, an Adobe Certified expert on why we don't use Adobe's implementation / Adobe plug-in for protection of your PDF documents.
Protected PDF documents are decrypted on-the-fly in memory. They are never saved to disk in temporary format or to the Windows swap file. We do not create extra files on disk that can be copied to another computer along with the protected PDF files so they can be easily shared and viewed.
PDF ENCRYPTION THAT IS EASY TO USE
To protect your PDF documents, right click on them in Windows
Explorer and select the secure PDF document access rights.
Distribute your protected PDF documents just like any other file - upload them to your web site or send them out on CD-ROM, DVD, etc., knowing that they will always be secure. Dynamic document control maintains access rights and permissions assigned to a secure PDF document once it has been published and distributed.
A simple to use web-based administration system lets you control access to your secure PDF documents, and you can revoke document access in real-time even after distribution.
Use of publications ensures minimum administration overheads and enables you to effortlessly manage your customer base.
PDF batch encryption enables you to effortlessly batch protect PDF documents without user intervention.
Ecommerce integration enables you to automate your entire sales process so there is no manual intervention.
Our PDF Security software solution can be customized with your own company information (logo and messages). PDF Watermark text and images can be dynamically applied at view/print time, including user names, email addresses and a date/time stamp.
UNLIMITED DOCUMENTS, PUBLICATIONS AND USERS
There is no limit to the number of PDF documents or publications (groups of PDF documents) you can securely protect or to the number of users that can view these protected PDF documents. You pay the same price regardless.
AUTOMATED PDF DOCUMENT PROTECTION & ECOMMERCE INTEGRATION
Our PDF Security e-commerce integration module works with
your existing ecommerce system to help provide 24x7 delivery of
your protected information.
On successful purchase, customer information is automatically entered into the administration system (without the need for manual input) and license files are emailed to your customers so they can start using your protected PDF documents straight away.
Multiple PDF documents can be protected and DRM controls applied automatically (without manual input or user intervention) using our secure PDF command line protection utility.
This also provides quick and simple integration into your existing web based applications (where PDF encryption is required on-the-fly) without the need to use an API.