We offer a wide range of systems and supporting software to meet your unique data management needs. From hand-held optical mark read (OMR) scanning devices to industrial strength forms processing systems that read multiple types of data with unsurpassed speed and accuracy. Our systems include OMR and Image Scanners which focus on optical mark read technology (OMR) to read OMR scan forms. Use hand-print (intelligent character recognition- ICR), machine-print (optical character recognition - OCR), mark sense (OMR), and bar code recognition capabilities.
We provide a range of OMR and Image Scanners from leading international manufacturers with proven industry expertise of more than 40 years. Some of the scanners we have are listed below but is by no means an exhaustive list.
Key Benefits of OMR Scanners
- Faster Data Processing
- Easy Data Archiving and Retrieval
- Cost Savings in Time and Labour
- Higher Data Processing Accuracy
- Flexible Data Capture and Processing
EZData® OMR Scanner
The EZData scanner offers users a small, portable, and efficient data collection solution. It is ideal for low-volume, quick data collection projects.
- Small size measures 5.5" by 5.5"
- Handles forms 3.25" by between 3.25" and 14"
- Accommodates 25 to 30 hand fed forms per minute
- Uses a standard RS232 or USB computer connection
- Indicates readiness with red/green LED light
- Single-side read head tilts up for easy cleaning
- Classroom testing
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Course evaluations
- Climate surveys
- Instructor evaluations
- Conference evaluations
- Skills testing
- Quality inspections
- Training and development surveys
iNSIGHT™ OMR 2/4 Scanner
Our most versatile OMR scanner - it's easy to upgrade from OMR
to imaging capabilities
The iNSIGHT optical mark read (OMR) scanner is one of the most versatile and efficient desktop scanners available for automated data collection. Its powerful processor delivers fast document throughput and transfers into a variety of off-the-shelf and custom software packages.
When you want to migrate to imaging capability, all you need
to do is upgrade the scanner system cartridge. This is an easy
and simple option to upgrade from OMR to imaging data collection
capabilities. Today you may be collecting OMR data but in the
future, you may want image capabilities—collecting survey
comments, essay answers, short-answers, check and X box
responses, bar codes, hand print, machine print, image clips,
and full-page images. An investment in an iNSIGHT OMR scanner
will pay off as your data collection needs grow.
Scans Both Pencil and Pen Marks
Two built-in read modes provide the ability to scan both pencil and pen marked responses from the same scanner. This provides the flexibility to use the same scanner for tests, surveys and other data collection forms marked with pencil and/or ink.
iNSIGHT OMR Standard Features
- Optical mark read (OMR) technology
- iNSIGHT OMR 2: hand feed
- iNSIGHT OMR 4: automatic feed
- Up to 2,200 sheets per hour
- Single or dual read heads
- Two built-in read modes: one for reading pencil marks and one for reading marks made with blue or black ink
iNSIGHT OMR Optional Features
- Dual-side read head for faster two-sided scanning
- A programmable, interactive printer that prints information based on scanned data-such as error codes, alphanumeric messages, serial numbers, validation flags, and test scores-with no effect on the throughput rate
- Bar code attachment that delivers immediate, automatic bar code identification
- Download capability that permits ASCII-coded output,
which simplifies implementation when non-PC computers are
used SelfScore® module for classroom test scoring and
Image-capture capability system cartridge upgrade
iNSIGHT™ 150 Scanner
Speed, Accuracy & Value
High-volume scanner delivers the best price performance in the industry
When you need to collect vast amounts of data quickly and accurately, turn to the iNSIGHT 150 scanner—a high performance scanner with speeds up to 250 pages per minute. The iNSIGHT 150 interprets optical mark read (OMR), hand- and machine-printed characters, bar code, and mark sense. With the iNSIGHT 150, you get the best performance for the price from a trusted source—we've been manufacturing industry-leading scanning systems for more than 50 years.
Save Processing Time. Capture images and OMR data in a single pass through the scanner. You can gather multiple choice, objective test, or survey responses at the same time you capture images of short answers to constructed response items on tests or comments on survey forms.
Tie Images to Data Records. Images can be tied to an OMR data record, archived, and retrieved later for review or evaluation. Route essays, survey comments, and other images to reviewers for final evaluations.
Design Forms for Efficiency. Because the scanner reads both handprint and machine printed characters, you can design data collection forms to be more aesthetically pleasing and make better use of space. End users will also thank you for not requiring them to fill in large bubble grids for name, address, ID numbers, and the like.
Pre-print Encoded Data. Lessen the amount of data you require from form users by pre-printing encoded data. You can also verify and cross-reference data to external databases by reading pre-printed bar codes, mark sense, and binary coded numbers.
Meet Accuracy Standards
The following technologies help you meet accuracy standards with the least amount of effort on your part.
- Picture Perfect™ - ensures that hand- and machine-print characters are quickly and accurately interpreted by minimizing the effects of mechanical distortions.
- Image Quality Sentry™ - minimizes the
accumulation of inferior quality images.
These features operate as each sheet is scanned. They are transparent to the user and are designed to improve the accuracy of data without slowing the scanning process. Further, these features minimize the amount of post-processing required; thereby, optimizing the total production.
Fast and Productive
Our mid- and high-volume iNSIGHT scanners perform many tasks at the scanner, and as a result, improve efficiency and minimize costly errors:
- Dynamic Deskew™ and Image Skew Sentinel features reduce the occurrence of sheet skew errors
- Gray-box Search processes only fields that
contain data. Or, it can isolate forms that are missing
critical fields, like a signature.
Optical character recognition (OCR) increases data productivity by reading pre-printed characters while scanning in real time. This avoids the need for pre-slugging data.
Image Formats Meet Industry Standards
Included with every iNSIGHT system is ScanTools® Plus scanning software for developing forms scanning applications. In addition, the system outputs industry-standard image formats which are fully compatible with most archival/retrieval systems.
Data Collection Methods
With an iNSIGHT scanner, you choose the methods of data collection that best meet your needs:
- Mark sense (bubbles, checks, tick marks)
- Bar code
- Gray-box search (there/not there)
- Key from image (for open-ended questions or comments)
- Gray-scale image capture for viewing drawings, photographs, and signatures
- Dropout colors to enable both pencil and ink read capabilities
- Handprint and machine print characters interpreted and converted to ASCII data.
- 16-level OMR mark discrimination evaluates the relative darkness of a mark in order to discriminate between smudges and erasures and valid marks