Folder Lock Data Protection Software
Folder Lock® is a fast data encryption and password protection software for Windows. It can simultaneously encrypt, lock and password protect your files, folders, drives, USB drives and even CD/DVD-RW. Folder Lock creates encrypted storages called 'Lockers'. You can keep as many of your private files & folders in your Locker and password protect it with a single click. You can transfer, secure and backup these Lockers. Lockers are portable, you can keep them in USB Flash Drives, CD/DVD (R-RW), & notebooks or transfer them via email or upload. Lockers are even undeletable on the computer where Folder Lock is installed.
You can treat Lockers just as you would treat them in physical world. Each user can have their own Lockers. However, a single user can create multiple Lockers with different passwords as well. With Folder Lock, you can choose either to encrypt using 256-bit AES on-the-fly encryption or lock files, folders and drives anywhere on your computer. Each Locker can contain your encrypted files as well as your personal list of locked items.
Furthermore, Folder Lock's options like hack attempt monitoring, stealth mode, data shredding, history cleaning & auto protection can enhancebeyond anything ever achieved. In addition, a locker's delete, move and rename are password protected to prevent data loss.
Folder Lock is Windows Vista / 2003 / XP / 2000 compatible and is the most popular File Security program in the market today. It is worthy of note that worldwide customers using Folder Lock include Dell Corporation, NASA, Wal-Mart Corporation and Lloyds TBS.
- On-the-fly 256-bit AES encryption (military standard) for data security.
- All Important files & folders protected in one place for easy backup.
- Folder Lock offers full portability. Save your Lockers in CD/DVD or USB Drives.
- Lockers are transferable and can be emailed or uploaded.
- Lockers are undeletable on the PC where Folder Lock is installed. Deletion requires you to login into Folder Lock.
- Shred files feature can secure delete original data when files & folders move to a Locker.
- Stealth Mode feature can efficiently hide all the traces of Folder Lock ever been installed on your PC.
- Removes traces like recent document history, find files history & copy/clipboard data every time Locker closes.
- Files and folders can be encrypted and locked simultaneously for added security.
- Fast! Data once encrypted is later decrypted in memory, preventing data recovery & slow processing.
- Whether it's privacy, data theft, loss, leaks or
intrusion attacks. Folder Lock secures your data in one fell
Folder Lock Benefits:
You may be saving passwords or login information in the 'My Documents' folder, or have files that are inappropriate for kids or other family members, or files with valuable information that can be stolen or lost. Important files and folders like these need password protection so that intruders or unauthorized users cannot access, read, view, copy, move or delete them. Files and folders left unprotected can lead to theft, data loss and breaches of your privacy, costing you embarrassment, money, lost data, maybe even your job. Whether it isor folder encryption, Folder Lock is the best choice!
Why Folder Lock?
removes the inconvenient hassle of having to lock up or encrypt each file or folder on your computer separately. With Folder Lock, you keep all the data you want to secure in one location - your 'Locker' - and protection is automatic. Users can't delete the Lockers on the computer where Folder Lock is installed and can't uninstall the program without the correct password. Folder Lock makes encrypted files called 'Lockers' that can be moved from one location to another and can show all the encrypted data instantly once a correct password is entered.
Folder Lock doesn't restrict you to, it has both encryption and locking options that you can use to . Encryption is suitable for people who wish to protect important files or highly sensitive data. It is also suitable for people who require to transfer data from one computer to another using email, USB/External drives or people who require to maintain secure backups of their work on Hard Drives or CD/DVD-RW. Folder Lock uses 256-bit AES on-the-fly encryption. Unlike slow encryption programs, Folder Lock's encryption takes seconds even if it is GBs of data. This is due to the advanced technology called 'Virtual Drive Encryption'. Using this technology, Folder Lock doesn't decrypt each and every file when it mounts the data contained in the 'Locker', it decrypts only those files that user want access to. Furthermore, it decrypts the content in the RAM instead of the Hard Disk. This also prevents recovery of private files from a Hard Drive since data was never there in the first place, while data decrypted in RAM is cleared automatically after a shutdown or restart.
Apart from Encryption technology, Folder Lock uses other useful methods also. If you're not bothered much about data theft, but want an easy way to block access to your data from home/casual users, Folder Lock also offers you the ability to lock and/or hide each file, folder or drive you specify without requiring you to move or copy your data to a 'Locker'. Once you've specified your desired files, folders and drives to be locked, Folder Lock will maintain a list of locked items list so that you can enable or disable the protection per item according to requirements. This removes the hassle of having to unlock and unhide each file and folder separately. Once you are done with them, you can click the 'Close to Protect' button to close your Locker. Folder Lock uses Windows Kernel Level locking mechanism to protect your files, pictures, movies, songs and private files of any type. Though locking is fast, do not consider it an alternative for encryption Folder Lock offers for important data.
Folder Lock works flawlessly on all kinds of portable devices as well, USB Flash Drive, external hard drive, pen drives, Zip drives, floppy disks, even CD/DVD-RW. All you do is, choose the 'Encrypt' option and protect files and folders you wish to protect and then copy your 'Locker' file from 'Documents' folder (which is the default location of Locker files) to your portable device or create your new Locker in the portable device. This gives you the power of taking your password protected files anywhere you want without the fear of data loss or theft. On the receiving end, the other guy can install Folder Lock to decrypt your files and folders with a correct password that you can pass him on.
When do I need Folder Lock?
You need it,
- If you are a casual PC user, and want to protect family photos, videos, pictures, financial information, passwords, personal letters and information that would be inappropriate for your kids, friends or co-workers.
- If you are a business person or an IT professional, protect your own and company projects, source codes, trade secrets and other intellectual property from accidental deletions and theft.
- If you want to prevent viruses, hacker tools, trojans, malware, spyware, malicious programs and harmful scripts accessing your important files.
- If you do not want to share your files and folders with the people that are connected through a network or cable without your permission.
- If you want to prevent illegal copy or duplication of your copyrighted material and secret stuff on your hard drive, partitions or portable devices.
- If you want to secure a notebook computer so that if it gets misplaced, lost or stolen, all your important files and personal folders are inaccessible.
- If you want to protect mp3s, videos, pics, books or application files downloaded from KaZaa, Limewire, BearShare, Morpheus, iMesh or other P2P programs.
- If you have text files, word documents, spreadsheets or presentations that can be stolen in your absence, while you are unaware of it.
- If you want to protect data on a portable devices such as a USB Flash Drive, Memory Stick, CD-RW, Zip Drive or Floppy Disk, so that you can transfer it from one computer to another or archive it without any fear of losing it.
- Most of all, if you want to have complete peace of mind and guarantee that your data is protected and secure from peeping eyes